Tuesday, January 05, 2016

track

AM - 1.75 mile warm up, 2 x 1 mile with 400m RBI, two mile cool down.  6:27, 6:29.  I can blame a little of the slowness on the track - it's a mess right now from melted snow, and there's still some snow on one of the turns.  But obviously I haven't been doing this kind of work for months now.  The effort was there though, I thought I was going to barf up a lung on both of these miles.  Going to try to commit to the track once a week during the winter, depending on snowfall.  Will definitely be a struggle the next few months, as Holmes Middle School is cold, dark, and lonely at 5AM, but hopefully the work will put me in a good place once the weather improves.

JV mentioned something about the early start.  I listened to a podcast with Rebecca Rusch (who has a slightly faster time than I do at the Pb100 bike).  Apparently she isn't a morning person, but sometimes has to force herself out of bed earlier than she wants.  She talked about just focusing on putting her feet on the ground.  After that, everything becomes easier.  I've used that strategy to get out of bed at 4:20AM the last two days, we'll see if it can work long term.  The super early start gives me extra time for an activity I love much more than running - walking the dog.

PM - Joined $100 and the dog for my second trip up the Incline this year.

No comments: