Friday, January 22, 2016

Thurs

I was woken up by the howling wind three times last night, maybe that explains my reluctance/difficulty to get out of bed this morning.  Sometimes getting in the miles is a pain in the ass and this morning was one of those days.  Got out for my 10K Garden road loop.  Tried to get something going during the middle miles but it just wasn't happening today.  Is it summer yet?  Came across this article and I think I'm going to do this to my bike, and then just work out on that until temps hit at least the 60s again.


Neighborhood map of the Springs, devised by Schwing the Traitor:

Had to visit our Denver office on Thursday, so I swung by Roxborough State Park on the way back.  Couldn't quite get all the way up Carpenter Peak as the park closes it's gates at 5PM, but I got in a good five miles.

Skipped my usual post-Carpenter Living The Dream brews to try the newest front range brewery, Castle Rock Beer Company.  Very unimpressed, thought their beer was watered down and flat.  I couldn't stop thinking about how I missed a chance for beers at LTD for this.  But they've only been open since Saturday and I'll try them again in a few months.  They need to step up their game quickly though, or 105W and Maddie's Biergarten will take all the beer drinkers in that town.

No comments: