Monday, January 25, 2016

the week that was

Another decent week with 45 miles running and 90 miles on the bike.

Good run at Winter Series II.  Wanted to hold eight minute miles, and I covered the 7.8 mile course in 60:38.  Caught up to $100 during the final half mile and ran it in with her, otherwise I could have gone sub 60.  More importantly, solid turnout after the race at Smiling Toad Brewing.



Motivated by GZ recently crushing a half marathon, I was planning on throwing down at the upcoming Super Half.  But then I noticed it's the day after Manitou Mardi Gras, which should be even crazier this year given the Broncos playing the next day.  So I've tapered expectations for that race a bit.

Currently crushing my yearly Incline goal as I currently stand at eight trips.  Hope to get to ten before the month is out.

I think $100 found her new bike.  A co-worker of hers has a slightly used Turner Flux and is looking to get rid of it.  We took it over to Red Rock Canyon on Sunday and she put it through the wringer.


9 comments:

GZ said...

Beat 88 (altitude adjustment) and the sixer is on me.

brownie said...

Given the amount of beer I'll drink at Manitou Mardi Gras, anything under two hours will be good for me.

The Padre said...

Dig The Turner. They are popular out here and well built. Congrats on the numbers. See you in May????

mike_hinterberg said...

Since it's me and the boy that weekend, I looked it up:

"NO ANIMALS, NO BABY JOGGERS/STROLLERS, NO EARBUDS/HEADPHONES, NO BIKES/TRIKES
PLEASE RESPECT THE SAFETY OF ALL.
Thank you."

You're lucky, that ruled out crushing your dreams with a stroller.
Between that and Lake Pueblo, it's like the whole region is unfriendly to kids. After they are born.

brownie said...

Padre, we will definitely get out to GJ sometime this year. GJOR is a definite possibility, gots to see about how much vacation I have.

Mike H, I am definitely down with the "unfriendly to kids" train. From conception through the age of 30 they should just stay inside.

Rob said...

Brownie's 2016 Inclines versus Erskine's 2016 Horsetooth summits for a growler? I'm at 10.

brownie said...

It's been a while since I've whooped your ass, you're on!

Rob said...

Cool! I like my chances on this one.

brownie said...

That's what you said last time we squared off at Hardrock.