Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Wednesday

Final numbers for September ain't too great.  185 miles running and 240 miles biking.  Some travel, some illness, and just some plain laziness all conspired to keep the numbers low. 

Easy 10K on the Garden roads this morning.

Downtown Springs got a new brewery on Tuesday as Triple S Brewing opened her doors.  I had the IPA and American Pale and both were solid brews.  I'll give the place another try, but the joint seemed a bit too sterile for me and probably won't be able to pull from my usual downtown hangouts like McCabe's or Fieldhouse.  Not that I go downtown a lot.


Speaking of Fieldhouse Brewing, looks like they will be bottling their beer soon. 


All this beer news, plus the music scene in our village has been pretty impressive lately.  On top of the recent Mac Sabbath show, we learned that The Brothers Comatose will be returning to Bristol!



Recently discovered a pretty awesome diner near my office, the Shopper's Grill.  Solid burger at a cheap price.  I'll need this place now that the Tasty Freeze has closed for the season.


3 comments:

The Padre said...

Dude, $15 is sooooo worth it. You forgot to add in travel miles……. And w/a Much Needed Sierra Nevada Pale Ale In Hand, CHEERS

HappyTrails said...

Very interesting on the local Gluten Free offering. May have to check that out. On a different note, I'm surprised you didn't do a commentary on that informative trails gathering Monday night ...

brownie said...

$15 is definitely worth a local Brothers Comatose show! On a Friday night too, rare for the Springs as the bands usually hit us on weeknights so they can play Denver on the weekends.

HT, good to see yunz guys at that meeting. I had lots to say, most of it dealing with public confidence in the Air Force if they can't figure out how to secure the Santa Fe trail. But I thought that idea was getting across pretty well and I didn't want to be there all night. I don't think the trail will open anytime soon. Fuck the Air Force.