Monday, January 14, 2013

weekend miles

Saturday - Got the unlucky volunteer assignment of standing around outside.  After two hours I could barely move, so the Winter Series race didn't go very well.  6.9 miles, just under an hour.  Couldn't feel my feet until mile four.  Nice trails out at Cheyenne Mountain State Park, I'd go there more often if I didn't have to drive so far and pay $7.

Sunday - Fuck it was cold.  Low turnout at the Incline Club.  I managed to get in two hours before surrendering.  Intemann, Section 16, Red Rock Canyon.  10 miles.

Temps will be warming up though, including sunny and 50s for the Fat Ass on Saturday.  You definitely won't need any special traction to get to the 12ish mile aid station.  Might still be some ice after that on the Buckhorn/666 loop, but not much.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

I couldn't feel my feet the entire short race!!!!