Saturday, October 06, 2012

wedding trip, part III

After hauling our asses out of the ditch, we bolted straight to Vegas.  Wiley and Jes immediately hit the booze, while $100 and I had some legal shit to take care of.  The Clark County government building, walking distance from the strip, is open from 8AM until midnight to process marriage licenses.  Everyone was dressed up, some in their actual wedding dresses.  $100 and I hadn't showered in four days.  Here we are waiting on paperwork:


Then it was off to the romantic Golden Nugget, home base for the few days we'd be in Vegas.  After a quick shower, we hit two of my favorite Vegas hangouts, the Double Down and Dino's.  Good times!


On wedding day, I woke up and headed out for some alone time at Red Rock Canyon.  Headed up Turtlehead Peak.  Great scenery, awesome park, I'll always go here for a run when I'm in Vegas.  Turtlehead Peak is a great five-ish mile run, should have been easy but I clipped a rock on the way down and fell hard.  Lots of blood, and I jacked my shoulder up pretty good.  Still hurts today.



After heading back to the hotel and cleaning up, $100 and I headed off to the Neon Museum for some actual professional pics.  I'll post those when I get 'em.

After that, it was more goofing off and drinking.  We were married by the good folks at A Little White Chapel, because if they've married such good folks as Michael Jordan, Brittney Spears, Darryl Strawberry, Slash, Bruce Willis & Demi Moore, and Silvester Stallone, then damnit they were good enough for us!  We didn't actually go to the chapel, but got a limo/pastor/photographer package to have the ceremony beneath the Vegas sign.  Classy.




I needed a ring for the ceremony, so $100 picked one up for me at a gas station for less than three bucks.  It doubles as a bottle opener.  She is allowing me to go ringless, I told her I can't stand jewelry but we all know a wedding ring ruins my chances to pick up chicks.  $100's ring was much more expensive, picked up in a thrift store next door to Moonlight Pizza in Salida.


The wedding party.  Thanks to all who came out to make it such a memorable experience!


Still going through a ton of pics, and I'll post the good ones as I come to them.


2 comments:

Natalee said...

Much love to you both!

Rafael said...

Awesome pics and blog posts! I think it's cool that you wore the "Game Over" shirt.