Friday, October 26, 2012

I did not ride my bike to work today.

After an easy 30 minutes with the dog, I decided I'd ride the bike to work today.  The singlespeed had a flat front tire, and after pumping it up I somehow tore the presta valve off.  Oops.  No spare tube around so I got the mountain bike off the shelf.  I had been having issues with the rear derailleur, despite TWO trips to CS West to fix it (not that I'm angry about it), and about a block from the house as I was shifting the damn chain broke.  Could have been head and shoulders above the hipsters by riding my new zerospeed, but instead I jumped in the truck and drove to work.

Shit like that never happens to runners.

2 comments:

Andy said...

We liberate the French 2x and they thank us with Presta valves...

mike_hinterberg said...

Use your bike for the chainless downhill championships in CB.

What's up with the derailleur?
In an emergency, I carry a spare SRAM Power Link rather than mess with Shimano pins...but yeah, you'd still need to break off another link and it's a PITA to deal with before work.