Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Quad Rock

Awesome day on the trails of Fort Collins.  Thanks to the fantastic FoCo trail running community for the event. This is a perfect way to get ready for Hardrock.  I spent the day goofing off and getting some time on my feet (actually, the time was so slow due to a tactical race between Brandon and I), and my time of 11:31 put me towards the back of the pack.  Had I hammered the course, I could have run around 9:45 and not walked again for a week or two.  I think that time would be about equal to my 8:07 at Collegiate Peaks, so that might tell you something about how rough the QR course is.




Thanks to Rob for the pics!

6 comments:

Jim P. said...

Is that sweat, or are you just happy to see me?

Local Mind Media said...

I would've run it in 6:30.

Rob said...

So you're probably going to do Jemez in what, 16 hours?

brownie said...

Jemez in 11:59. But I think the new "fire" course isn't nearly as hard as the old course.

FF, if you were running your typical Hardrock pace for Quad Rock, you still might be out there. Way to crush it at Miwok though!

LK said...

I should have ran the 50 instead of the 25--at least I would have stayed warm. Ended up freezing my ass off for 6 hours after the run waiting for the wife to finish and the cold, free ale wasn't helping matters. It was blasphemous having to help the beer dude load a full unopened keg back into his truck.

Jemez looks kind of flat this time around--only 2 climbs, both up the ski area.

mike_hinterberg said...

Good to see you up here.

Loading a full keg? Why did we not think to bring empty growlers??? D'oh!