Sunday, November 09, 2008

weekend

Was able to squeeze one last killer weekend in before the shitty weather comes. Ran hard on Saturday, finishing in 19th place (164 finishers) in 2:49:24. Sererely miscalculated how hard the first eight miles would be, I attacked that section but it took a lot out of me. Still, not a bad effort for how sporadic my training has been. $100 got the stoner award for finishing in 4:20.

Hung out with a few Grand Junction hashers on Sat night and had a blast. Visited a brewery and a few dive bars in GJ and then went to a comedy show in Fruita. Good times! Also found a new brand of sweat tea vodka, very yummy.

Sunday was back for more exploring at the Colorado National Monument and then some hot tub action at my very first natural hot springs. Hit the Prime Time pub in Leadville on the way home.

Now it's off to acid jazz. Pics and a more detailed wrap up will follow shortly.

3 comments:

Gaslight ;-) said...

So which marathon are you running to BQ?

brownie said...

That goal has taken a distant place on the list due to trail stuff. If I can squeeze it in at the Denver, Colfax, or Boulder marathons, that's cool, but I'm not gunning for it right now. But I think after Rim Rock I could get in qualifying shape pretty quick.

Jillian said...

Hahah...yes, the jersey's are hard to come by, what can i say. Glad you had fun! What brewery did you hang out at? I used to be a server at The Rockslide on Main St. Such a great place!