Monday, November 03, 2008

Rim Rock Run

I'm woefully unprepared for this Saturday's Rim Rock Run. I've run more than ten miles once since Leadville (August 16), and that was Imogene Pass on September 6. Imogene was actually 50% of my mileage for the entire month of September. Rim Rock is a 37K, or right at 23 miles. But, being that I'm too stupid to realize I'm out of shape, I still plan to finish under 2:45, roughly Boston qualifier pace, just to piss off all my friends who have been bustin' their ass to keep that 7:10 pace.


Slowly starting to take training a bit seriously again. Hit 50 miles last week. The CRUD hill climbs start this Thursday. Have a several week string of the Incline under my belt. Not really supposed to start the hard stuff 'till November 30th - when the Incline Club quits slacking - but I figure a few extra weeks of decent effort after such a long layoff may pay off this summer.

2 comments:

Yeti said...

Good luck man and have fun!!!

brownie said...

The awards ceremony is at the Ale House, so I'm sure I may squeeze some fun in on this trip.