Friday, December 21, 2007

holidays

Not a whole lot planned for the holidays. I never do much, haven't been back home for christmas in probably over a decade, so while I enjoy the time off from work the whole x-mas thing isn't a big deal to me anymore. Bah humbug.

Tonight I will continue my one tradition, which is watching "A Christmas Story" and "Christmas Vacation." Might even grab something from Papa Murphy's and see if my stove works.

Christmas morning I'm planning a huge feast at the Pancake House, a weird triangular shaped breakfast place down the street from me. All you can eat from 7AM to 2PM, woohoo! Probably head down to the Townhouse later that day to take advangage of my new Ascent 54 glass (they fill it for three bucks).

Not sure what I'm doing on New Year's Eve. Thought about going up to Barr Camp and spending the night, but I'd hafta get up super early to make it back down in time for the Rescue Run. Haven't heard of anything big going on, so I may hang out at the Mariner until 10:30 or so and then head up to Rocky Mountain (via the Incline, of course!) with a bottle of wine to watch the AdAMan fireworks.

New Year's morning is the Rescue Run 10K, which was a blast last year despite the shitty weather. You can rego up 'till race morning if anyone is still interested in doing it. They even have a 5K. Back when I did the Combat Medic 10K I thought I might have a shot to win this race, but since the injury I'd be happy just to finish in the top 20.

2 comments:

Jes said...

You should've made plans to spend Christmas and New Year's with us!!

Good luck with the race!

Impala Mama said...

You can spend New Year's with me--I am going to get CRAZY.

...might even put something in the oven and see if it works.