Wednesday, August 08, 2007

woohoo!

Final plans for this weekend. Nothing about this schedule will ever change. For at least 20 minutes, anyways.

Sat AM - Depart Colorado Springs at 4AM for Mt. Princeton, near Buena Vista. Details on the Mt. Princeton Road trailhead can be seen here:

http://www.14ers.com/routemain.php?route=prin1&peak=Mt.%20Princeton

I hope to drive up to the radio towers to begin the trek.

Sat PM - head up to Alma and out to Kite Lake to set up camp. The beta on Kite Lake, as well as a description of the next day's DeCaLiBro hike, can be found here:

http://www.14ers.com/routemain.php?route=bros6&peak=Democrat,%20Lincoln,%20Bross

I'll actually set up camp just outside the boundary of Kite Lake so I can avoid the $7 fee. Screw the man! But if you're driving up the road you'll see me. I'll probably already be drunk, boozing it up at 12,000 feet rocks! Just be sure to save four cans of beer for the hike. And bring firewood, campfires are still allowed.

I know that doing four 14ers in one day might seem a bit much for some of yunz, but it's actually a somewhat easy hike. Most of the single 14ers I've done were much harder than doing all four around Kite Lake. Last year I took a sea level Austinite on the hike, and she did just fine. Details of that hike are on my blog at:

http://pittbrownie.blogspot.com/2006/08/decalibro.html

Plan to start the Sunday hike at 6:30AM.

Let me know if you plan on joining me for any or all of the weekend. And let me know by Friday, I'm not sure my cell phone will work out in the mountains.

PS - also plan a summit of Rocky Mountain on Thursday. RM is about a half hour hike from the top of the Incline. Probably start the Incline around 5:30PM. Again, let me know if you wanna join me.

No comments: