Friday, January 13, 2023

miles

Update: 5:32.77 was my official 1500m time.  Converts to a 5:58 mile.  But the way I was suffering at the end, the 104 or whatever extra meters might have taken me a full minute.

Mon - easy 7.5 mile run in the morning, 25 mile ride in the evening.

Tues - bike commute four.  Ten there and 20 back.

Wed - bike commute five.  Crazy windy today.  Ten there and seven back.  Quick four mile run before my guitar lesson.  These four milers are what I call "Toby runs" just to get a minimal amount of mileage in.  At least they are outside and not on a treadmill.

Thurs - dogsitting, so all morning was spent at the dog park.  Nice 20 mile ride in the evening.  After that $100 and I took the dogs for a hike up Iron Mountain.

Fri - more dog park and then run commute two.  Four miles.

I made it through twelve days of a dry January attempt, knowing all along I'd fail due to a Lettuce show tonight in Fort Collins and a beer festival in Wisconsin next week.  The breaks are probably good for me but I never feel that much better than when I'm keeping the binge drinking to a minimum.

No comments: