Sunday, January 08, 2023

1500m

Solid weekend.

On Saturday I got in a good ten miler on the Garden roads, then jumped on the bike for 25 miles.  

Sunday took me up to the Academy to run the 1500m in an open meet.  Not the smoothest run meet, including the bell lap being rung one lap too early.  I was quite a ways behind the lead, but when I heard the bell I figured I had less than 1.5 laps to go, and I went.  I actually had closer to 2.5 laps to go.  Oof.  Finished in roughly 5:33, which might come down once official results are posted as I didn't glance at the clock until a few steps after the finish.  Ran as hard as I could, I'm just so far removed from this kind of racing this is about the best I can hope for.

For the week:

run - 34 miles, seven hours

ride - 109 miles, 12.5 hours

hike - 26 miles, eleven hours

1 comment:

Kieran McCarthy said...

When you haven't run a track race in a while it's just such a shock to the system. 200 meters in your body is screaming at you to stop.