Monday, December 06, 2021

ACC Champs!

Might have had one too many brews on Saturday - met up with the Kimchi hash at Murphy's in the afternoon, then watched Pitt win their first ever ACC championship that evening.  So I wasn't expecing much at the Rock Canyon half down in Pueblo, and that's exactly what I got.

Stayed under eight minutes per mile for the first eleven miles, and then a bad experiment with some new shoes caught up with me.  The pace didn't get to me but my feet were hurting like hell.  Not sure why that caused me to slow down, I knew that taking longer out there would only make the problem worse, but that's what the day gave me.  Finished in 1:42:16.  I think I could definitely still go considerably under 1:40, but I fear my days of sub 90 are long gone.

For the week:

run - 36 miles in 5.5 hours

ride - 57 miles in six hours

hike - 22.6 miles in 8.5 hours

No comments: