Thursday, October 15, 2020

Salida

Pretty good run down at the Salida marathon.  As with Pikes, I just missed my goal time, running 5:02:26, but I had fun and pushed pretty hard over the last 10k so I was happy.  Started hurting around mile 17, then Rick H caught up to me (I think I had a two minute head start on him due to the wave starts) around mile 20 and I pushed hard to stay with him.  I knew if I could be with him at mile 25 I'd have a shot to take him down.  But at the mile 24 aid station I had been out of water for a while so I had to stop, while he had a pack on and ran through.  I wouldn't see him again until the finish line.  

The rest of the weekend was a blast as well.  Soulcraft, Benson's, Wood's, Tres Litros, lots of hiking with the dog, a good ride with $100.  Also saw a ton of peeps I hadn't seen in a while and it's good to see everyone surviving the shitshow of 2020.

No comments: