Sunday, March 03, 2019

for sale

We bought our 1990 Chevy Astro back in 2016 to see if the van life thing was something we would want to do.  Our thinking was that before dropping major bucks into a good van, we would buy a klunker to make sure it was something we would actually enjoy.  Well, we enjoyed it, and we are nearing the point where we have the cash to throw down on a Wayfarer Walter.  So it's time to get rid of Stella, our current ride.

We paid $3900.  If I put her on craigslist, I'll post for $3000 and see what happens.  But I'd much rather have her go to a friend, or friend-of-a-friend.  If you know me well enough to buy me a few beers while negotiating, I can probably be talked into dropping that price quite a bit.

Not a perfect vehicle, but this is a great rig for getting started in the van life world.  When we bought her we said we'd only ever take her to Canon City as we were worried about breaking down.  But we spent time in Lake City (a five hour drive) and multiple trips to the Dunes (three hour drive) and never had any problems.

Please pass the word on this.  I doubt either of my two loyal readers are in the market, but maybe they know someone who is.

No comments: