Saturday, March 30, 2019

boogie at the broadmoor

Great time and tunes at the recent Boogie at the Broadmoor.  Here's some footage that shows exactly how things felt when the great neighbor Broadmoor was invaded by the hippies:



The music was spot on though.  Even after the huge disappointment of having Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real cancel due to their bus getting stuck in the Colorado mountains, the rest of the weekend made up for it.  I saw four classic Salmon sets, a killer show from the Bluegrass Generals, a good set by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, local heroes Tejon Street Corner Thieves (they have a washboard player who was my bartender at the Triple Nickel last night), Tenth Mountain Division, and a set by DeadPhish Orchestra to close out the weekend.  I stayed up past 2AM each night which is pretty impressive for me nowadays.  Great event and I'll be there next year if it comes back.












No comments: