Friday, January 05, 2018

CityRock 4

Had planned to hit Accolade this morning, and even after a later than expected trip to Manitou Brewing I got up at the usual time, walked the dog for an hour, and headed out to the gym.  But then the damn garage door stuck halfway down.  $100 and I wrestled with the thing for a while, and finally got it to close, but it took so long I had blown my gym window.

Did get to CityRock over lunch.  I'm once again starting to see gains on the climbing wall.  Having a much easier time on the V2 stuff.  And I've even given a few 5.9's a try.  I'd like to get to the point where I can challenge V3's regularly and at least make decent attempts at 5.10's.  That might not sound like much if you don't know anything about climbing, but it's probably a good, consistent year of solid trips to the climbing gym for me.

$100, the dog, and I always try to get out Friday after work.  It's usually the Incline.  I'm thankful to Shad for turning me on to the Mountain Tactical stuff, but I owe him a kick in the balls for some of the pain it has caused me.  I did some mini leg blasters on Tuesday, and my legs are still trashed.  So I talked the crew out of the Incline and we got in a run/hike over in Red Rock Canyon.  4.3 miles.

No comments: