Friday, February 10, 2017

bike commute 9/skunk

On a Thursday morning early Garden hike with the dog, she was off leash and took off running towards something.  Not unusual, as there are tons of rabbits over there.  Heard a scuffle, then the dog continued running away from me.  Then a skunk came running towards me.  Once the fart squirrel saw me, he blasted me, then darted into the bushes.  The dog and I both stunk up the Garden the rest of our hike.  The dog had two showers yesterday and wasn't happy about that.  But she doesn't stink anymore.  I see skunks quite often here, but usually in the urban environment and not on the trails.


And speaking of things that smell like shit, our new shitter has a pretty thick manual.  We got two of these, one in English and one in French.  It takes a plumber and an electrician to install.  And probably a computer programmer.


Good seven mile run early Friday AM on the Garden roads.  60F at 5AM.

Taking the van and the dogs down to Canon City the next two nights.  Trying to get the most out of this summer weather.

Thanks for the brews, Bob!


2 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

Anytime.
My friend Randy will be coming back from CO tomorrow, hopefully with some beers. He told me it
was 74 degrees in Boulder today. It was 30 here.

brownie said...

Record high for the Springs today. 77F.