Monday, August 22, 2016

that did not go as planned...

Had a really solid Ascent on Saturday (3:12) and another really good ascent on Sunday (3:17), and then my luck ran out.  I twisted an ankle about one mile back down the mountain which ended my day.  I did what I could to finish, but after taking almost two hours to get from the cirque to Barr Camp, and then another hour plus to get to Bob's Road, I took a ride down the mountain.

Same exact thing I had back in April when I twisted my ankle in Cheyenne Canon.  So I'm not going to panic and say I'm never running again.  But it sure does fucking hurt.

Shout out to my boy for having a decent race yesterday.  The US distance squad had quite the Olympics.


2 comments:

Jeff Valliere said...

Nice job on your ascents, you were looking good when I saw you. Homie and I were hoping to see you after the race and were surprised not to, then I checked your Strava and saw your icon disappear, so figured it was not good. Hope you feel better soon.

brownie said...

Hey, glad I at least got to see you for a bit at the start. Good work yesterday!