Monday, August 08, 2016

night outside #6

Got in night outside #6 up at Buff Creek on Saturday/Sunday.  $100, the dog and I kidnapped Meesha and headed up the pass, dropping by Bierwerks for a Hop Monster along the way.

Slept in the jeep, so instead of having to set up camp I was able to sneak in a quick ride.  Love the Nice Kitty climb.

Lauren showed up, so I got to have two women slave away in the kitchen for a dinner of spaghetti and beer.
After supper it started pouring, which wouldn't let up until Sunday at sunrise.  So it was an early bedtime, sleeping as well as two humans and two dogs can in the back of a Jeep Cherokee.

Got in a ten mile run on the Colorado trial on Sunday morning, returning to meet the Salsa guy who had a van full of new bikes to ride.


I will probably get a new mountain bike next spring, and I think I know what it will be.

The Timberjack was way too much fun on the loose-ish trails of Buff Creek, and I think it's the perfect bike for the Cheyenne Canon/Red Rock Canyon area, where I do the bulk of my riding.  Now I just have to figure out how to squirrel away $1400 without the wife figuring out my plan.  I will keep the Mariachi for the longer road/gravel stuff.  The El Mar even more special to me now that Salsa has discontinued the model.

Dogs had a great time, but they sure were ready to go home by Sunday afternoon.

No comments: