Monday, August 15, 2016

Chaffee County

After an easy ten miler up and down Barr Trail on Saturday morning, I took a trip down to Chaffee County this weekend for some good times.  Lots of drinking, hiking, and biking.  Loves me some Chaffee County time.

Not sure how I ever get anywhere with BLOS.  Already two hours behind schedule after getting the bikes on the car, we drove an entire half mile to start the fun at Fossil.  Caught the wife red handed though, she said she was going to clean all weekend but rolled up on her bike shortly after we arrived.

 Arrived in Salida early evening, too late to ride but lots of time for eating and drinking.




Still managed to get up fairly early on Sunday to head out for a hike for an hour (I don't even try to run while hungover anymore) and then ride for another hour.  Explored all those trails around S mountain.

Once everyone was awake we headed up to Buena Vista.  Lots of asses on the trail there.


Explored the Four Mile Rec Area for a bit, love that place!





Even got to hang with some of the burro racers after the ride, but I felt they were all looking down their noses at me as I didn't have a packet full of screwdrivers with me.

4 comments:

GZ said...

Good seeing you this weekend. Sorry we dragged you to the craptastic beer garden from EddyLine.

brownie said...

It was good training for Victor, where I will also have to drink shitty beer while watching you race.

Bob Johnson said...

Looks like I'll be seeing a bit of Chaffee County as I plan a stop at Elevation on my way to ABQ.

PA just started getting Epic Brewing so I bought a case of IPA. Felt cheated a bit when I got home and saw that it's also brewed in Utah but I like it.

Jeff Valliere said...

You are doubling at Pikes right? Hope to see you this weekend.