Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Wednesday

It's been raining here.  A lot.  Only one day this month where the airport (where we get our official city tally) hasn't recorded any rain.  How the hell do people in Seattle live like this?  We have received six inches of rain so far in May.  Camp Creek has held up well, and our basement is bone dry.  Red Rock Canyon, however, took a beating.  A retaining wall on a pond broke and all the water rolled downhill.  Going to take some time to clean that up.  Part of the Garden is wrecked, and a good chunk of the Midland Trail that I ride to work everyday is pretty jacked.  Ugh.

My routine has been messed up lately due to my office moving.  I'm no longer downtown, but about 2.5 miles north of my old office.  An extra ten or so minutes on the bike.  Doesn't sound like much, but I had my old routine dialed down.  Did ride to the new office for the first time today, number eight on the month and 49 on the year.  Not sure if I'll keep riding as much, as now we have access to a shower and I might bring back the run commute.

Ran the Run To The Shrine on Saturday and I am definitely not in climbing shape.  Would like to work on that, but Barr Trail is either a sloppy mess or covered in snow right now.  Was feeling pretty bummed about my fitness until Sunday when I opened the Colfax relay running 40 flat for a 10K and having it feel super easy.

Hoping to sleep outside this weekend as I have accepted semi-rad's camping challenge.  I was able to sleep out on our back porch last Thursday. 

Add caption
We were planning to go to Buff Creek but I hear that's under snow.  We're now looking at either Lake Pueblo or Canon City.

Such a depressing post, but I'm having fun despite the shitty weather.


 
Tues PM - Five miles through the rain on the Garden roads.

Wed AM - Easy 10K on the Garden roads, 5.5 mile bike to work.

No comments: