Saturday, May 09, 2015

rain

Back and finally sobered up from NOLA.  Incredible time, I'll get a post up on that soon.  It hasn't stopped raining since we returned late Monday night.  No major flooding so far, though Camp Creek started rising last night.  Might snow tonight.

The running/biking is in a funk due to the trip and the weather.  Did get a five miler in along the Mississippi River through the French Quarter last Friday.  Was looking to go further, but I randomly ran into my neighbor Carson, who was also out running, and at 9AM we just hit the first bar on Bourbon Street we could find.  Ran a drunk 18:26 in the Big Easy Big Heart 5K on Saturday.  Hit halfway with a shot at going sub 18, but couldn't hold that over the second half.

Staying off the trails due to the weather, just hanging out on the Garden roads.  Tuesday AM and PM was an easy five miler, both in drenching rains.  Wednesday was a morning 10K.  Thursday was a morning seven miler.  And five miles after work on Friday, where I finished looking like I had sat in the shower for 45 minutes.

Biking has been mostly restricted to work and back.  We did rent bikes in NOLA and took an awesome 20 mile pub crawl on some cruisers.  And I did manage to get up Cheyenne Canon on Wednesday, first time all year I made it up without having to push my bike at some point.  44 bike commutes on the year, three so far for May.

No comments: