Thursday, November 27, 2014

Turkey Trot

Good day at our local Turkey Trot 5K.  Waiting for official results to get posted, but I'll probably be right at 18:45 (Update: official time was 18:42).  Pleased with the hard effort, and I think on a flatter course that time would have been much faster.  This race climbs for the first two miles and then bombs the final mile.  Garmin data over here.  My mile splits:

1 - 6:17
2 - 6:10
3 - 5:33

I made up big time on Gerald and I was giving it everything I had to catch him, but I ran out of space.

Next step is to go sub 18:30, eventually (hopefully, maybe) on my way back to a sub-18.  Lots of work to do there.

At least I beat this guy at the race:


1 comment:

Jeremy said...

A ritual slaughter of the turkey on Union would have made the day complete!