Tuesday, September 30, 2014

bus

Some more bus advocacy on Monday morning. 

The two ladies on the front right are on Springs city council.  If our council had a few more like them, we wouldn't lag so far behind Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins on any semi-important measure among Front Range cities.  But hey, at least we're ahead of Pueblo!

I've been riding public transportation since I was a freshman at Pitt.  But Monday was the first time I've ever got onto a bus without a specific destination.  I got on at the downtown station, and then just rode it around until we got back to the downtown station.  Spent all of that time on the eastside, and it re-affirmed my opinion that there is absolutely nothing worthwhile on that side of town.   Every time you hear some stereotypical horseshit story about the Springs, I guarantee it happened east of I-25. 

FYI, the blonde councilwoman, Jill Gaebler, went sub four at the Ascent this year.  Less than two hours behind the fastest city councilor I've ever had. 

Seven mile run this morning.  I've now run seven days in a row, and nine of the last ten.  With the late surge, I'll end September with a whopping 93 total miles!

5 comments:

GZ said...

Brownie for council! (then you will get even less miles)

Bob Johnson said...

I believe the last time I rode my city's bus system was in the eighties.
You got my September miles beat. I do have probably 275 on the bike just since the second week of the month though.

trudginalong said...

Weak. I've got 62 miles in the bank, half of those in one day, and just as many beers.

brownie said...

Bob, you need to start a bike blog. I need something besides running blogs to waste time at work.

PG, you're slacking in the most important category - number of tickets bought to IPA fest!

Bob Johnson said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence but my exploits (and the scenery) would pale in comparison to yours. Plus I wouldn't want to add to your reading blogs while at work. I would never read a blog at work.............................especially one with beer in it...............