Saturday, September 06, 2014

beer 246, 247, & 248




Still plugging away at the brews.  246 was a solid IPA from Marble Brewing down in blue meth country.  247 was a decent Farmhouse Red from local-ish Hall Brewing Company, the most famous thing to come out of Parker since Wyatt.  And then last night I dug into my Texas bag for the Ost Porter from Rogness Brewing Company in Pflugerville.  Good, but I was pretty drunk after hanging out at Red Leg to watch Pitt kick the crap out of Boston College.

Ran into Fixie Dave at Red Leg last night.


Slowly getting back into the whole exercise thing.  Running before work again, and biking to and from work.  As a test, I went and ran the Nielsen Challenge this morning.  5:59 first mile, then brought it home with a 6:15.  My watch had the course at 2.03 miles and my total time at 12:24.  Forgot all about that kind of pain as I've only been doing LSD stuff since January.  I've been over a minute faster on this course, and the "race" perfectly reflects where I am right now in terms of fitness and motivation.  I'll continue goofing off until Telluride Blues & Brews is over, then I'll sit down and figure out what I'm going to do next...

2 comments:

The Padre said...

Have an absolut blast in T-Ride!!! I will be in Marble that weekend but thinking of all my friends that are working Blues & Brews. I am looking forward to see what you have come up w/after sitting down & figuring it out. Cheers

mtnrunner2 said...

Hmm. Exactly how do YOU need to "get back into" exercise. I'll just take your word for it.

Marble Brewing IPA is a fine beer from Albuquerque, or as Coloradans know it, Durango International Airport.