Tuesday, February 25, 2014

beer #56

19F this morning, so no run.  Went back to bed for an hour and then threw on some sweatshirts and two puffy coats and walked the dog around the block instead.

Lunch - Half hour at the Y.  Decent weight workout.

PM - Incline #11 on the year.  With the dog.  I'm ready for warmer weather.

I'll be heading downtown to see this flick on Wednesday evening.  Here's the info for you locals.

Trailer: A Winter of Cyclists from ChainRing Films on Vimeo.

Turns out they have six months, from October 1 to March 31, to ride 52 times to/from work.  For as much as I cry about cold weather, I'm pretty sure I'm well above that pace.  I'd ride everyday but I just can't find gloves that work for me.  I currently use a pair of thick fleece gloves that I squeeze inside of PI lobster gloves.  And my hands still get super cold.  I'm convinced that I've had frostbite on my thumb before, as that gets painful very quickly into any ride under 40F.  I only have to be outside for 20 minutes when I take the quick way to work, but even for that short of time I don't own any gloves that can do the job when it's below 30F.

Keeping it classy tonight.  Imported from Sri Lanka.


No comments: