Monday, February 04, 2013

Super Sunday

First up was the second annual Super Half.  Tim has done a real good job making this into a fun way to kick off Super Sunday.  My goal was to keep every mile just under seven minutes.  And I did, save for mile 11 where I stopped to drink a beer.  1:30:23, nothing blazing but I was happy to run that with minimal effort.  Had I been paying attention I could have easily snuck in under 90.  Here's the post run group shot:


Big scandal was whether or not I beat a 13 year old girl.  Do you go by who crosses the line first, or by chip timing?  Normally I'm an old school guy and you go by whoever finishes first.  But for yesterday, I'm all about technology.  See the pic here.

I didn't watch one second of the big game, or any of the commercials.  But I did meet up with the annual anti-super bowl runners.  I've done three of the four of these, missing the year the Steelers were playing, and I've kept up my streak of DNF's.  As usual, I only made it to No Name Creek.  But I'm in all the pictures and FB posts, so luckily most people think I made it.


No comments: