Tuesday, September 18, 2012

How to properly pass cyclists on the road...



I mean, you have to let the bikers know you're behind them, right?

And it happened in Longmont!  I would have bought Brandon beer for life if this had been his hummer.

I will not believe cyclists use any sort of common sense concerning traffic until the local guys quit riding on Manitou/Colorado Ave west of Benny's.  If they were truly concerned about traffic issues, they would ride on Pikes Peak Ave (no traffic) or the new paved bike path that was built.  Their actions are not meshing with their words.

And yes, the two cyclists in this video are obviously on PED's.

7 comments:

Jim P. said...

Incredible. Just watching that made me want to punch the driver. My guess is the driver doesn't like loud bike jerseys.

Brandon Fuller said...

I recognize the stretch of road. I run on it north of there and its thin. Sucks.

Anonymous said...

um why NOT ride on colorado ave? it is 2 lanes, 30 mph speed limit with a huge right lane, in a residential/light commerical area. Just cause you run around like a drunk retard doesnt mean I cant ride my bike like a normal human on a safe road am I right? Now if someone rides there bike on CIMMARON, ie HWY 24, then yes they are stupid. You stupid Manitards in such a rush to go smoke your weed or something? haha Im just joking around with the name calling but really man, give a good reason to NOT ride on Colorado

brownie said...

Colorado is four lanes of cars (two each way) and both sides of the street have parking. You can barely fit six cars across, and if there's a biker in the mix you can't fit them all. Legal or not, it's dumb for a biker to be riding there, way too dangerous.

Pikes Peak Ave (almost no traffic) is one block north, a smooth bike path is less than a block south. But I guess then nobody can see your bright pink T-Mobile spandex suit.

Anonymous said...

you guys take it too easy on the drivers out there, that horn pushin shit should have made 2 or 3 presses before a reckoning
restless in the south

Jim P. said...

Busted. Justice. http://www.adventure-journal.com/2012/09/horn-crazy-driver-busted-for-harassing-cyclists/

mtnrunner2 said...

That would have made me repeatedly talk myself out of about pulling over and hurling a large rock.