Monday, September 10, 2012

Denver Half/Mitchell/Steamboat/Fat Ass

1:34 at the Denver half yesterday.  Nice race up there in Cherry Creek State Park, though I'm a bit bitter that the day after I signed up at full price a groupon came out.  Given recent training, I was hoping to break 1:40, so the time off a pretty easy effort was a bit of a boost for me.  The half capped off a whopping 43 mile week for me.  Results showed the winner in 62 minutes, and unless someone cut a huge portion off the course that is a typo.

Looks like I'm in for the Mt. Mitchell Challenge!  Failed at the lottery last year but my luck held up this time. A bit different for me, as I usually spend the winter months trying to train for a fast road marathon in early spring.  Lots of post-NYC Incline Club for me this year.  Probably shoot for a sub seven hour time, though I gots to research that a bit first.  Stole this here elevation profile off irunfar.com:


Looks like a great weekend coming up.  I'm off to Steamboat Springs to pace Slow Aaron the final 28ish miles of Run Rabbit Run.  Hopefully those miles aren't anything like his final five miles at Lake City, though it would be pretty cool to see someone throw up watermellon through his nose.

I know it's early, and I can't remember if I posted the date here already, but the Springs Fat Ass will be on January 19th this year.  Due to the fire and the closing of Waldo Canyon, the new route will be based off this post from O'Day.

No comments: