Thursday, March 15, 2012

Triple Crown

Barr Trail tempo this morning with the dog, four miles.  Started retardedly early at 5:10AM, and there were still a lot of people on the trail.  Are people stepping off on the Incline at 3:30AM?  Sheesh.

Signed up for the Triple Crown.  Think I have a legit shot at an age group award.  Not because I'm good, but because there's a BIG gap from first place to the next guy now that Gerald is out of the question.  Could even grab a runner up finish if I can finally nail that 2:59 Ascent...

And before O'Day drops his typical "oh, the Ascent, I guess you didn't get into Leadville..." ramble, I'd like to remind everyone that if Hope Pass was steeper, longer, and more technical, it would almost barely be as rough as the easiest climb at Hardrock.

3 comments:

Andy said...

I think 12 people passed me on their way down before I ran into you and I started up at 5:14. There should be quiet hours on the incline/Barr Trail... I shouldn't be hearing people talking five minutes before we pass on the trail... not in the dark at least.

GZ said...

Gerald is out of the question?

brownie said...

He just can't touch me in the AG competition anymore. Because he turned 40.