Sunday, March 25, 2012

91.5

Another solid week, capped off with back-to-back long trail runs in Pueblo (22.5) and Denver (30+).  I rarely do back-to-backs and never run over 30 miles in training, so this weekend is a huge confidence booster for me.

Very happy with the way March is shaping up.  Already at 290 miles.  Last year, while struggling with PF, I had 270 for the entire month.  In March of '09, when I ran my Hardrock PR (36:35), I had 305 miles.  In March '10, getting big miles in for the Rocky Mountain Slam, I hit 373.  In none of those previous months was I taking one rest day a week, and my long runs over the past 30 days have been much better.

Just need to keep this up for one more month, then let the 46 races I'm running in May/June do their thing, and I'll be ready to go come July!

3 comments:

GZ said...

Did you guys do the full length today?

Plus, if you are serious, you will wear the beard kit.

brownie said...

We went just over 15 out.

I'll have the beard for Hardrock.

Sean O'Day said...

Say hi to Neal and Teresa for me tomorrow.