Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pikes Peak Ascent

Not what I wanted. Was on 2:59 pace to the top of the W's, but for some reason I was spent already. Weird, since I've been running that pace during workouts for the past few weeks. I started hiking, and probably walked 85% of the trail between the W's and mile eleven. Ran almost all of the final two miles, due to the fact that I caught a pack of Josh J, Mike Safari, and Amanda. Poor race but passing those three shit talkers and crushing them up the rest of the mountain took some of the sting away. Like my hero and mentor Keith says, "It's not always about how good you do, but how shitty your friends do."

3:21:xx. Will be back next year to go sub three, hopefully twice in the same weekend.

Sunrise Striders have a new website over here.

No comments: