Thursday, August 04, 2011

marathon

First mile in seven flat. Second mile at 14 minutes. Third mile in 25 minutes. Ouch. Wasted four minutes in the crapper there and after that I didn't go after a great time. Still had a lot of fun touring San Francisco on an awesome (and difficult) course. Drank two beers and quite a bit of whiskey during the second half. Stepped on Barry Bonds's head in the final mile just behind Candlestick Park. I hate Barry, but even if I tried my stride isn't long enough to get around that enormous steroid exploded noggin. 3:20:59 officially. Without the crapping and drinking I'm close to 3:09 with a minimal effort. Lots of work to do before Wisconsin Dells...

And yes, that is a tie-dyed Haight-Ashbury finisher medal!

3 comments:

Jesse said...

four minutes! what the hell were you doing in there?!

brownie said...

I probably should have waited until after the marathon to stuff myself with In-N-Out.

Ring said...

Oh man, I was in San Francisco the day before the marathon. I wish we had met up for a beer.