Sunday, August 07, 2011

catching up...

Lots to catch up on. Six national parks in the past week. Another marathon, another state highpoint, another hash. Multiple breweries (very disappointed I didn't run into Ryan or Meb when we were at Mammoth Brewing) and dive bars. Awesome goofing off in San Fran, including a bench clearing brawl at the Phillies/Giants game.

It was my 22nd marathon. My 12th state. See the race photos here. Not really impressive considering I ran into a guy at the In-N-Out Burger who had completed the 50 states and said San Fran was his 151st marathon. Damn, I'm not even the top dawg at a fast food restaurant.

Badwater and the JMT are on my to-do list now.

More later, $100 is yelling at me to unpack.

3 comments:

GZ said...

Badwater? Really?

brownie said...

Hell yeah! Hopefully I pick another cool day for the race - it was only 120F when we were there.

Jaime said...

Awesome to see you enjoyed Cali so much without having to visit skanky SoCal! Still not sure what to think of you stepping on a SF Giant great though.