Wednesday, October 27, 2010

tempo?

Easy 15 minutes with the dog to warm up. Was planning on a four mile tempo run through the Garden, but the wind and soreness from the track led to a horriffic first mile. Then the big hill in the second mile didn't help. Did the four mile loop in 31:16, which is almost 90 seconds over my five mile PR. Lots of work to do. This four miler is gonna be a staple from now on, we'll see how I progress from this morning 'till NOLA.

Now it's time to bust out the spandex and PEDs, I'm biking to work...

6 comments:

Jesse said...

i guess you don't believe in recovery days between hard workouts?

brownie said...

Recovery is for sissies!

Need to get the leg speed back, so I'm going to take more rest days than recovery days. More quality stuff over the quantity stuff I've been doing.

You, however, need more rest. I'd take off until December if I were you.

Jenna said...

NO spandex pictures, please. And thank you.

Jesse said...

well you may get your wish... my hamstring is still not healed. (Feel free to proceed with vaginal pain jokes.)

brownie said...

I don't buy that for a second! Quit sandbagging.

LK said...

Damn! You beat my tempo run yesterday by 7 seconds/mile. Bastard! I do have 9 years on you, so that should count for something.