Monday, October 25, 2010

back at it...

Three post-Bear weeks of 42, 33, and 52 (high due to Mt. Lemmon) miles. A whopping 12 miles last week. Lots and lots of rest days. Think it's time to pick the mileage back up.

Decided I'm gonna go 2:54 at NOLA. That number is screaming at me since it would be a new PR and an automatic qualifier for NYC. Not too much of a stretch, I thought that was what I was gonna run at Boston before I got hurt.

Will be finishing up this week running to work each day (going one month of not using my truck for work), probably hit around 70 miles. Then it's time to start hitting the track and doing some shorter races. I should probably find some 5K and lose to Brandon, that motivation served me well during training for Leadville.

Sitting at 2953 miles for the year. Averaging 9.9 miles a day for the year. Should be able to finish out 2010 averaging at least 10 a day...

Today's morning run was an easy 7.1 miles in an hour. Crazy wind storm last night, lots of tree branches all over the place.

4 comments:

mike_hinterberg said...

The marathon PR goal is a good one, go get it!

brownie said...

It will all hinge on how drunk I get that Saturday in NOLA...

Jenna said...

For some reason I have a feeling you run faster when you're drunk.

Good Luck! See you in NYC.

Jesse said...

you will have to run your ass off to hit that goal, but if everything goes right I think it's doable.