Tuesday, October 12, 2010

music

Some great shows coming up. Big news is that I got tix to see Widespread Panic with G. Love & Special Sauce in Denver on Dec 30th. Real psyched for that show, it's pretty rare that I get to see some Panic. Just might have to head up early to hit the Broken Arrow that evening...

Larry & His Flask will be at the Triple Nickel on Monday (Oct 18th) night. I'll get there right after hopping off the plane home from Mt. Lemmon. I've seen a lot of live shows during my day, and these guys might put on the craziest concert out there.

Heading up to Broomfield for the Harvest Ball on Nov 27th to catch Michael Franti & Spearhead. My sister should be at this show. I'd highlight her name as a link to her blog, but it hasn't been updated in 20 years. Maybe GZ will bring some of his homemade brews over to the parking lot tailgate party...

Speaking of GZ, I finally got around to checking out some Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers (found a CD of theirs at the local library). Listened to it on the way to work this morning, real good stuff. I thought they were the house band at the Black Sheep, as it always seemed they were playing there, but of course now that I want to check 'em out they're not around.

2 comments:

trudginalong said...

Soon we'll find you either at Circus Mexicus or needing to bail you out of a Mexican jail...

GZ said...

A circusmexicus reference - I love it.

Brownie - if you are up here, you gots a place to stay. I am not sure yet if we will be in town as that is around turkey day.

There is tons of RCPM shows that are download-able from Internet Archive.