Tuesday, July 07, 2009

35:59:59

Been keeping this goal under wraps for a while now. It's what I thought I could run last year, but I was more interested in sight seeing and not embarrassing myself for the front page than actually running for time.

Not so this year. It may seem like a stretch to want to run seven hours faster, but I feel I'm in much better shape this time around, and I wasted A LOT of time at the aid stations last year.

After spending the past few days coming up with splits to each aid station, someone posted basically the same numbers to the HR list. Here's what I got. On race day, you'll be able to track me here and see how I'm holding up.

Cunningham Gulch - Friday 8:10AM
Maggie Gulch - Friday 10:15AM
Pole Creek - Friday 11:15AM
Sherman - Friday 1:20PM
Grouse Gulch - Friday 6:00PM*
Engineer - Friday 8:45PM
Ouray - Friday 11:25PM**
Governor Basin - Saturday 2:10AM
Kroger's Canteen - Saturday 3:45AM***
Telluride - Saturday 5:10AM
Chapman Gulch - Saturday 9:30AM
Kamm Traverse - Saturday 1:00PM
Putnam Basin - Saturday 4:00PM
Silverton - Saturday 5:59:59PM

* - pick up Shad
** - pick up Paul S
*** - catch Fast Eddy, who will pass out after drinking a shot of tequila (Paul S is bringing a sharpie for the occasion...)

PBR and King's Chef bacon cheeseburger at Grouse Gulch and Ouray.

Of course, my main goal is still just to finish the thing. I'd be happy with a 47:59:59.

4 comments:

Carie said...

Last year I tracked you and they delayed posting you hitting the aid stations- I thought you disappeared. I was scart.

Paul DeWitt said...

Good luck - make CRUD proud.

Impala Mama said...

I can't beleive you are already hitting this one again---good luck to you, you will do superbly.

Richard said...

The morning group will be watching. Told the marital unit last night that I plan to join you in a couple years on my first ultra.
Good luck.