Monday, October 08, 2007

what a weekend!

Sure made the most of my three day Columbus weekend! Friday after work it was off to join the Rogues for their Bandera weekend. Joe obtained the use of a cabin, which I assumed was some tiny shack in the middle of the woods. Turns out the cabin was some multi-million dollar hunting lodge, a great place to crash. Did 30 miles at Bandera on Saturday, then went to the Bandera Saloon to watch UT get beat. While sitting in the bar, some guy came in with a baby buffalo on a leash. Typical Bandera Saturday afternoon, I guess. Ran another ten miles on Sunday morning at Lost Maples, what an awesome trail that was! Wasn't able to get back to Austin in time to hash, but I joined them at the circle and proceeded to get super drunk with them at the Hideout. Even puked in Gagger's underwear drawer, can't wait 'till she finds that mess. Monday it was a nice, easy, super slow trail run with Lulu at Walnut Creek park followed by lunch at the Crown. Good times!

6 comments:

Outdoorgirl said...

Nice how you throw super slow run in with Lulu but you forget to mention that you were sweating your butt off!

-tunnel said...

Love Lost Maples! Great camping there! Hey and, YOU getting really drunk and puking on Ass Gagger's stuff?? NO! Good to see somethings stay the same!

Gagger said...

As if! You were too drunk to even open drawers that night.

Lulu said...

I must have been imagining it when you said, "Yeah. This pace was faster than I would be running by myself" as you dripped 2 gallons of water off your back.

Super slow and easy.

Shocked you didn't mention your extra .005 miles while you were at it.

Lulu said...

Oh yeah asshole - you also forgot to mention that you stopped running before me and said 'OK that is enough for me' and walked back to your jeep. How quickly you forget!

brownie said...

I stopped early 'cuz I thought you were about to have a heart attack and didn't want to drag your ass up the hill to your car, loser.