Wednesday, June 13, 2007

run #114 - CRC happy hour

Back to a good running/drinking place! Colorado Running Company (much, much better than the Boulder Running Company, FYI) has their happy hour runs on Wednesday, but doesn't seek out the publicity of Quinn's. The runs are harder and the beer is cheaper (free Bristol and various cheap wines). OK, the food doesn't match up (tonight we had goldfish and doritos) but you're talking to someone who has never eaten at Quinn's so I don't care. The best thing is the organization, there's nobody in charge. Just show up, run, and drink. No long wait to get a beer, no boring hour long ceremony that nobody listens to. Good times! Still no AD pub run in this town, but this is as close as it gets.

Start time: 6:00PM
Distance: 4.7 miles
Time: 34:57
Pace: 7:26 minutes per mile
Weather: mid 50s; windy

1 comment:

Catwoman said...

I'm totally with you on JQs - thats why I'm not going as often. Same route every week (also identical to my lunchtime run); same food (I had some the first week but not since); I don't even take advantage of the cheap beer as I'm trying to lose weight; and WHY do we have to sign in?