Thursday, June 28, 2007

happy birthday!


The Austin Duathletes monthly pub run turns two years old today! Hopefully some of yunz Austinites quit whining about how hot or rainy or whatever the weather happens to be today and get off your ass to go for a little run.

I've been running hard and drinking hard since I was about 13, and I'd put the AD pub run right up there with the DIM hash in terms of combining the two. Most hashes don't run enough, most running clubs don't drink enough, Quinn's does neither, but the DIM and the ADers have figured out how to combine the two pretty well.

So I'll be there in spirit tonight, drinking heavily after my time trial up the Barr Trail. Somebody kick Lulu's ass for me tonight and I'll buy them a pint of brew next time I'm in A-town. Peace and love - the best duathlon of them all!

5 comments:

PlaysByEar said...

Stupid work is going to make me arrive late and (maybe) leave early, but I will be there for part of it.

I'll pretend I didn't read that peace and love comment--who are you??

Gagger said...

Sorry, I'm not kicking Lulu's ass tonight. She is too much fun!

Lulu said...

Thanks Gagger!! I think Brownie was just getting some else to try it so he won't have to try himself and get embarrassed when I beat the shit out of him in August.

Lulu said...

And yes.... AD does rule and everyone should come out to the Pub Run - Rain or Shine (and I am guessing it will be rain).

Gagger said...

I'm so glad I drug my crappy feeling self out last night. Had a blast! Although I'm coughing up a storm today.....