Wednesday, April 27, 2022

bike thieves suck

Sat - big hike up in Palmer Lake with the HAMS crew.  16 miles in eight hours with a heavy pack, followed by a good lunch at O'Malley's.  

Sun - got in 20 miles on the bike, then dropped by the new Trinity Brewing location, which is where the old Red Leg used to be.  Great place.  I never used to lock my bike at the old Red Leg, but for some reason I did today.  Which was good, because while we were drinking, two dudes ran up, jumped on two unlocked bikes, and rode away.  One of the bikes was Amanda's, and while I'm usually happy to watch bad things happen to her, nobody deserves to have a bike stolen.  To add to the shitshow of an afternoon, I wrecked my bike on the way home and messed up my leg pretty bad.

For the week:

run - 37 miles, 13 hours

ride - 79 miles, eight hours

hike - 41 miles, 17.5 hours

Mon - 16 miles on the bike, out searching around local homeless camps for Amanda's bike.  Too sore to run and could barely walk the dog.

Tues - bike commute 26.  Ten there, eleven back.  Leg is improving but still to sore to run.  Did get over for an easy climbing session at lunch, my 50th trip to CityRock this year.

Wed - run commute 29.  Still feels like I have a charley horse and probably should have taken one more rest day, but I'll be traveling tomorrow and won't have time to run.

Off to Atlanta for the Sweetwater 420 music festival.  I was hoping to do well in the 5k but I think the leg injury put the kebash on that.  Still hoping to go sub 20 though.

No comments: