Tuesday, February 15, 2022

ice climb/Quandary

Glad to bolt on Friday a bit early for the San Juans as the Springs got a good storm that blew through.  I avoided it and had a pleasant drive.  First stop was Gunnison for an old favorite.


And then down to Lake City.  
  

Ice climbing is not my thing, and it never will be my thing, but I had a full day on Saturday doing it.  It was cold, and I was terrified, but I survived.


Home on Sunday to watch Pitt guy Aaron Donald have himself a great game, then up early  to go bag my February 14er, Quandary Peak.  Beautiful day for a winter summit, though the wind was a bit much up on the top.  My ninth straight month summiting a 14er.


Off numbers for the week due to the ice climbing trip.

run - 26 miles, 4.5 hours

ride - 60 miles, six hours

hike - 22.5 miles, nine hours

1 comment:

The Padre said...

Totally Flipping Righteous Brother Pitt - And Congrats On That Pitt Character Owning The Kats O Line

Cheers