Tuesday, November 16, 2021

update

Started doing the incline on Monday evenings.  Ride four miles over to the trailhead, hike straight up and back down, then ride back with a stop by Manitou Brewing for a High Ground IPA or two.  I leave the house at 4PM and it's completely dark by the time I get to the top of the climb, but at least the weather hasn't turned cold yet.

Also started going to the track on Monday mornings.  No great workouts yet and my speed is definitely lacking, but I have put together several weeks of at least going to run around an oval.

Other than that it's been more bike and run commutes.  59 run commutes and 79 bike commutes so far this year.

Got up Pikes via Crags on Saturday for the calendar challenge.  Six straight months so I'm a third of the way through the challenge.  Windy and cold but pretty mellow for mid-November.  Looks like I might even luck out with an early December summit without winter conditions.  Alex just hit five years of monthly Pikes summits, FYI.

For the week:

run: 36 miles in ten hours
ride: 72 miles in 6:45
hike: 23 miles in 9:45

After the Pikes climb we jumped in the van and headed down to Oil Well Flats for the evening.  First van trip since the Montana drive.  Perfect conditions down there.

Looks like we might have settled on our '22 van trip.  I'll be attempting to climb Rainier in the June/July time frame, and $100 suggested she drive straight out to Seattle, pick me up, and we take our time returning home.  Lots of potential routes on that one.

No comments: