Wednesday, August 18, 2021

shorter days

One of the downsides to walking the dog so early every day is that we can see the days are already getting significantly shorter.

Still struggling with the hand, but the stitches come out this Friday.  It's healed up, but I have to wrap it which takes any use of the left hand away.  Just a pain in the ass.

Bob was in town on Sunday and we did a nice tour of some local breweries.  Red Leg, Goat Patch, Mash Mechanix, Smiling Toad, and Fossil.  Good times.

Did get in a decent incline on Monday.  Bike commute 62 on Tuesday.  Riding is awful as I basically have to ride one handed.  Run commute 46 on Wednesday.

Not expecting much at Pikes this weekend.  No worries about finishing, just not sure how fast it will be.  A great day for me would be 3:30, but I could see me going up in at least 3:45.  Probably at least 2:15 down on Sunday.  Just haven't put in any work towards running fast there.  Just a good long run for the Rut which is only two weeks away.

I have nothing to base this off of but I'm starting to wonder if Chicago will happen this year...

No comments: