Sunday, August 08, 2021

Needle

Success!

Took the van down Friday evening to the lower lot of the South Colony Lakes trail.  Got to watch a pretty impressive storm roll by.


The climb went well.  A long slog, 20 miles on the day, with some pretty technical sections.  Climbed some class 4/5 stuff in the Sportiva Wildcats and didn't get spooked.  All in all a really good day.  I will return to climb Broken Hand Peak someday.  Still lots of smoke here in Colorado.


Dropped by Florence Brewing on the way home in time to watch the GOAT Kipchoge dominate the marathon.

I have made a goal of climbing a 14er every month.  Most of those will be Pikes, but the option is there to nab others.  Hoping for 18 months, which would get me some winter experience and get me a calendar year streak.  I'm currently at three months.  June (Longs), July (Humboldt), and August with the Needle.  Current plan is to do Sneffels in September on our way to Telluride Blues and Brews.

No comments: