Tuesday, August 31, 2021

new ride

First, as always, my other ride is your mom!

I had been lusting over one of these bikes for years from following various bikepacking blogs and websites.  But the somewhat affordable ones had been sold out forever.  But while on our way to the Flyathlon, I got an e-mail, conveniently right before we hit Soulcraft Brewing, that the bikes were back in stock.  Ordered an x-ray IPA and then ordered a new bike.

Two weeks later this arrived:


And I immediately tried to cut my thumb off while getting the bike out of the box.  So for ten days I had an incredible new bike, but I had to ride her one handed.

But now I've been able to get her outside.  Loving the ride so far. 



I have some big plans for this bike.  First solid ride was from our hotel in Dillon, CO, up and over Hoosier Pass to the South Park Saloon.  The bike is heavy and I'm not going to win any races on her, but I'm not concerned about time with this one.




No comments: